There is something about a red pout that you can’t ignore. It can instantly brighten up a dull face and comes handy on days when you don’t want to put a lot of make up on your face. One or two swipes and you are transformed into a diva! There are so many hues of reds available that anyone can find their perfect shade. My personal favorite is Loreal’s Bold Bordeux and Mac’s Ruby Woo.
Red lipstick has a tendency to bleed and can highlight those lines and dry flaky lips which makes our overall look very unflattering. In this post, I will share some easy tips to flaunt a perfect red lippie.
Step 1: Exfoliate your lips
Use a good lip scrub to exfoliate your lips. You can also use sugar and lip balm or a toothbrush with soft bristles to do it. This will remove the dry and flaky skin from your lips and will improve the blood circulation giving you smooth lips as a base.
Step 2: Apply Lip balm
Apply a thin and even layer of lip balm to hydrate your lips. This step will ensure that your lipstick glides on smoothly.
Step 3: Apply a Lip liner
Choose a lip liner which matches the shade of your lipstick. Those with thin lips can trace their lips just outside the natural lip line for a fuller look.
Step 4: Apply Lipstick
Apply the lipstick with a brush which will help you to stay inside the lines and evenly distribute the color on your lips. This also helps to apply lipstick on the sides or corner. I have seen girls with bright lips with nude or white corners and it completely kills the look.
Step 5: Set the Lip color
Once you have applied the lipstick blot it with a tissue paper and dust some loose powder over it and Voila you have got a perfect pout. You can also apply some clear gloss on the centre of your lips for a more sensuous look.
Some useful tips when wearing a red lipstick
1. During the day opt for a sheer shade of red and for the evening go for a bold look.
2. Keep the eye make up to its minimum when you apply a red lipstick. A light eye shadow, kohl and mascara is enough with a dramatic lip color.
3. Girls with thin lips should avoid very deep shades of red as it would make their lips appear thinner
4. If you do not have a matching lip liner then go for one which is closest to your natural lip color.
5. If you have dark lips, then first apply some foundation on your lips and then apply the lipstick.
Please feel free to share this further and have a wonderful day ahead.
Stay happy and keep shining 🙂