Applying makeup in summers can be tricky especially for those with an oily skin as it tends to oxidize and melt away. You need to invest in products which do not clog your pores and keeps the greasiness at bay. Here are some tips which will increase the staying power of makeup and keep it shine free even in this season.
1. Cleanse – Use an oil free cleanser to wash your face in order to remove the accumulation of grime and dirt . After cleansing take an ice cube and rub it all over your face and pat dry. This will keep your face oil free for a longer duration.
2. Moisturize – Use a water based moisturizer as it will help the makeup to glide on smoothly on your face and neck. Lacto Calamine is a really good moisturizer for those with oily skin and keeps the face shine free for hours.
3. Prime your face – Use a good primer to mattify your face and prepare a smooth canvas for applying make up. This will ensure that your makeup stays for a longer duration. Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer has a light texture and gives a matte look.
4. Foundation – Use a water based foundation or better go for mousse or powder foundations which will give you the required coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse and Street Wear Stay on Mineral Foundation is perfect for those with an Oily skin.
5. Translucent Powder – Let the foundation set for a few minutes and then apply loose powder to set your make up. Loose powder is a better option for those with an oily skin as pressed powder tends to cake up. I personally use Palladio Rice powder as it’s a herbal brand and keeps my face oil free for hours without worrying much about touch ups.
6. Blush and Eye shadow – Always opt for powder blushes and eye shadows as they tend to stay longer than the ones with a creamy finish. In case you wish to apply a cream based blush then opt for a mousse blush which is lighter as compared to the cream blushes and won’t melt away. Maybelline Dream touch blush is a perfect example of a mousse blush.
7. Kajal /Kohl – Opt for a kajal pencil which is waterproof and gives a matte finish than the one which gives creamy finish. Maybelline Colossal Kajal and Lakme Absolute Kohl are perfect for oily skinned beauties as they are smudge free with good staying power.
Invest in the right products and follow these steps in order to look fresh and gorgeous this season.
Photo credit: Pixabay