Winters are round the corner and it’s important to take care of your skin in order to have a flawless and glowing complexion. A balanced diet together with a dedicated beauty regime is essential to combat the dryness and have a healthy skin.
Tips To Remember
1. Your skin is exposed to the UV rays even during this season therefore, it’s essential to apply a broad spectrum sunscreen to protect yourself from UVA and UVB rays. Go for a moisturizer with an SPF of 30 and above which will cater to your hydrating needs and will also protect your skin from damaging rays of the sun.
2. Opt for moisturizers without any alcohol content as they can aggravate the dryness and damage your skin further. You can also go for facial oils which keeps your skin soft and supple and are rich in organic ingredients.
3. Always take a bath with lukewarm water instead of hot water and try to moisturize the skin when it’s a little damp in order to lock the moisture in.
4. Have a balanced diet and include foods which are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E as it will strengthen your immunity and keep you healthy and fit.
5. We tend to drink less water in this season but it’s vital to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water in day for proper functioning of the body and also to flush out the toxins.
Homemade Face Packs
These DIY face packs can be made by simple kitchen ingredients and are really effective in hydrating the skin and make it soft and radiant.
Honey and Egg Pack
Beat and egg white and add a tablespoon of honey to it. Apply this mixture to your face using a flat brush and keep it on for 20 minutes or until it dries. Wash it off and pat dry.
Papaya and Honey Mask
Take a few pieces of papaya and mash it to make a smooth paste. Add equal quantity of honey to this mixture to make a homogeneous paste. Mix it thoroughly and apply this to your face and neck. Wash it off after 15-20 minutes. This paste treats the dryness and brightens your complexion. It is also useful in lightening the blemishes and dark spots.
Saffron and Honey Mask
Soak a few strands of saffron in milk overnight and add honey to this next morning. You can also soak it for a couple of hours instead for the whole night. Mix it thoroughly and apply the paste to your face. Wash it off and pat dry. This pack instantly brightens your skin and imparts a healthy glow.
Besan and Milk Cream Pack
Add milk cream and besan (gram flour) in the ratio of 2:1 and add a pinch of turmeric to make a smooth paste. Apply this to your face and wash it off after 10-15 minutes. Pat dry and moisturize for a soft and smooth skin.
Try these tips and apply the face packs regularly to see the difference in your skin. Hope you all enjoyed reading this post and please feel free to share this further.
Stay happy and keep shining 🙂