Taking a relaxing bath at the end of the day sounds so tempting and bath salts are an added advantage considering their numerous skincare and therapeutic benefits. They improve the blood circulation and help to soothe tired and inflamed muscles. You can get a wide variety of these in the market but it’s always fun to make your own stuff at home. The recipe mentioned in this post hardly takes any time and can also be used as a foot soak to relieve join and muscle pain.
1. Epsom salt
2. Sea salt
3. Baking soda
4. Essential oil of your choice
5. Herbal Colorants (optional)
Mix Epsom salt and sea salt in the ratio of 2:1 and add 1/4th amount of baking soda in a large bowl. Now add few drops of any essential oil of your choice to the mixture. I use lavender as I just love its invigorating fragrance. Mix it well and store this in a mason jar. Instead of lavender, you can also use any essential oil of your choice and store the mixture in a clean and sanitised container. Use this as often as required.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Make sure that you aren’t allergic to any of the essential oils before adding it to your homemade bath salts.
- Always consult your physician before using any of the essential oils in case you are pregnant or have any other medical condition.
- Always use a clean and sanitized container to store the mixture.
- Do not use wet hands to take out the mixture from the jar. Make sure that your hands are dry or better use a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Always use herbal colorants instead of chemical ones in case you want to make colourful bath salts as the later can cause adverse reaction to your skin.
Do try out the recipe and feel free to share this further.
Stay happy and Keep Shining 🙂