I always keep orange peel powder handy as it comes to my rescue whenever my skin feels dull and lifeless. The results are at par with the expensive treatments done at the salon and doesn’t even burn a hole in my pocket. I would like to share some simple homemade recipes which nourishes as well as brightens the complexion.
Benefits of Orange Peel for the Skin
1. It gently exfoliates the skin and minimises the pore size.
2. It helps to reduce suntan and brightens the complexion.
3. It fades the blemishes and dark spots and gives you a flawless complexion.
4. It removes the excess oil from the face and gives you a fresh and healthy complexion.
How to Make Orange Peel Powder at Home
You can buy ready-made powder from the market but it’s quite easy to make it at home. Take some orange peels and keep them out in the sun. You need to ensure that they get ample sunlight. When the peels get hardened you can now grind them into fine powder. You can also keep it a bit coarse and granular and use it as an exfoliator.
Homemade Face packs
1. Orange Peel and Milk Cream Face Pack
Take some orange peel powder and mix it with milk cream. Mix it thoroughly to make a smooth paste. Apply this to your face and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
2. Orange Peel and Honey Face Pack
This pack is very nourishing and suitable for those with dry and flaky skin. Mix orange peel powder with honey and apply a thick layer to your face and neck. Wash it off with cold water after 20 minutes and pat dry.
3. Orange Peel and Rose water Face Pack
Mix orange peel and rose water to make a smooth paste. The pack should neither be too thick nor too runny. Apply this to your skin and wash it off once it starts to dry. This pack is beneficial to those with oily skin and helps to brighten the complexion.
Hope you all enjoyed this post and please feel free to share this further!
Stay happy and keep shining 🙂